Adviser: Matt Brounstein
Students for Human Life consists of BSM students who are concerned with life issues in our world. Students acknowledge the need to advocate for life at all of its stages and pursue a variety of avenues to do this. We believe that all life is sacred from conception till natural death.
"Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being’s entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign." - Blessed St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Past Events Include:
- Cupcakes for Life
- Volunteering at North Side Life Care Center
- Regular informative meetings on various life topics - Embryonic stem cells, Abortion, Death Penalty, etc.
- Gatherings with students around the archdiocese to discuss life issues as a larger engaged community.
- Participation in Archdiocesan sponsored prayer event outside abortion clinics
- Participation at University of St. Thomas’ Roe vs. Wade on Trial
- Participation in the MCCL Pro-life Student Day on the state capitol - including lobbying senators and listening to pro-life legislation being debated
- "Pro-life week" school-wide informational outreach
- Helped host visit from Sr. Helen Prejean
- Hosted the Invisible Children Project www.invisiblechildren.com. and showed weekly films about the wars in central Africa.
- Trips to the Peace Bridge as a visible sign of prayerful unity around issues of peace.
- Participation in the national pro-life rally in Washington D.C. in January.
- Worked in tandem with the BSM drama class in the production of Dead Man Walking.
- Please add to the Past events include:
- Minnesota March for Life
- Mother's Day Flowers
Time Commitment: Meet throughout the school year and about one hour per month on top of meetings. Usually meetings are held the first and third Fridays of the month starting at 7:15 a.m.