National Arts Honor Society
The National Art Honor Society (NAHS) is for students in grades 10-12. The society encourages and recognizes students who have shown an outstanding ability and interest in art. The NAHS wants to support students in attaining high standards in art scholarship, character, and service, and especially to bring visual art, community, culture and art education to the attention of the school and community
To apply for membership to NAHS, students must:
- Have an interest in art, make it a priority, and show ability.
- Have at least two art credits. (May be enrolled in second art class when applying).
- Have a B- average or above in all classes. (Have a B average in art classes.)
- Recommendation from two teachers. (One from an art teacher and one from a teacher in another subject.)
- One to two pieces of artwork that best reflect your ability.
- Fill out application, including Statement of Purpose.
To remain in good standing and graduate with honors (rainbow cord to wear at graduation):
- Participate in 2 art related volunteer activities and 2 art related activities
- Graduate having taken 5 art classes.
- Be in attendance at monthly meetings
- Miss no more than 2 meetings.
- Tardies with arrival past 7:30 will count as a missed meeting.
- Missing 3 meetings will result in a kickout (you may apply again the following year).
We meet the first Monday of each month at 7:20 a.m. in Room 12