Join us on our journey to Guatemala to deepen your relationship with others, yourself, and God. Immerse yourself in the culture and practice your language skills as we live with host families in Antigua and work with host families in the surrounding villages to build homes and outdoor kitchens. To serve with us, there is no language requirement and we welcome all students currently in grades 9, 10, and 11.
In teams of about seven students and one BSM chaperone, students will work with a local mason and the recipient family to build a home, an outdoor kitchen, and bunk beds. While the mason guides the process, the students do all of the work by hand. The workday will be approximately from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
In order to learn about Guatemala and appreciate the natural beauty and history that it has to share with us, we will participate in several cultural excursions:
- Antigua – colonial city
- Chichicastenango – handicrafts market
- Iximche – Mayan ruins
- Lake Atitlán – volcanic lake
- Pacaya National Park - guided hike
For the past five years, BSM students and their families have partnered with God’s Child Project. Over the course of those five years…
- 173 students have built 27 homes
- Through the purchase of construction materials, we have donated over $200,000
- Suitcases are filled with (Treasure Hunt) garage sale donations totaling over $100,000
- All in all, the Red Knight community has donated over $300,000 to God’s Child Project
We hope to continue in these efforts in the summer of 2020!
The 2020 Mission Trip: Tuesday, June 23 - Thursday, July 2, 2020
A parent and student informational meeting was held on Thursday, December 7 in the library, click here to see the presentation. Applications are due to Mr. MB in room 139 by 9 a.m. Tuesday, January 14.