Join us on our journey to Guatemala to deepen your relationship with others, yourself and God. Immerse yourself in the culture and practice your language skills as we live with host families in Antigua and work with host families in the surrounding villages to build homes and outdoor kitchens. Trip is open to students currently in grades 9, 10 and 11.
In teams of about seven students and one BSM chaperone, students will work with a local mason and the recipient family to build a home and an outdoor kitchen. While the mason guides the process, the students do all of the work by hand. The workday will be approximately from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
In order to learn about Guatemala and appreciate all of the natural beauty and history that it has to offer us, we will also participate in several cultural excursions:
- Antigua – colonial city
- Iximche – Mayan ruins
- Lake Atitlán – volcanic lake
- Chichicastenango – handicrafts market
For the past four years, BSM students and their families have partnered with God’s Child Project. Over the course of those four years…
- There have been over 130 students who have participated in the Guatemala mission trip
- Collectively, we have built 21 homes
- Through the purchase of construction materials, we have donated over $160k
- Suitcases are filled with (Treasure Hunt) garage sale donations totaling over $60k
- All in all, the Red Knight community has donated over $220k to God’s Child Project
We hope to continue in these efforts in the summer of 2019!
The 2019 Mission Trip - Tuesday, July 9 - Wednesday, July 17, 2019
A parent and student informational meeting was held on Thursday, January 10 in the library, click here to see the presentation. Applications are due to Mr. MB in room 139 by 9 a.m. Tuesday, January 22.