Coach: Dan Bowler
Math league is an activity in which students get the opportunity to test (literally) their math skills against students from all across Minnesota as well as all around the country.
In the fall we compete in an online contest on Tuesday mornings. It is a 30 minute test comprised of 10 or so questions. We are paired with another school somewhere in the USA. There are always treats.
In November we move into divisional competition. We compete in conference play with 5 meets (always on Monday afternoons). Students can choose Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, or Precalculus as their area of expertise.
To prepare for conference play we practice on Wednesday mornings before school. Practices consist of taking old exams. Topics for each meet are provided as well as study guides.
The ultimate goal is to win conference and go to state. Which we did in 2017. Oh by the way, we won our division!
- Tuesdays: half an hour from early October to mid November
- Wednesdays: half an hour from late October to February
- Mondays: once a month (twice in November) 2:40 - 6 p.m.
- State Gamma Division Champions 2017
- 5 mathletes in top 10 in conference 2017
- 2nd place in conference in 2016
- Seven State tournament appearances in last 10 year
Conference Champions: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011
Region Champions: 2003
State Champions: 1999, 2000, 2017
State Participants: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017