- About BSM
- About Our President
- Photo Tour
- Spirit Shop
- BSM 2020 Strategic Plan
- Marketing & Communications
- Red Knight Engagement Network
- Board of Directors
- Faculty/Staff Directory
- BSM Around the World
- BSM Alma Mater and Rouser
- Junior High Academics
- Guidance/College & Career
- Summer Assignments
- Athletic Trainer
- Fall Sports
- Winter Sports
- Spring Sports
- Athletic/Activities Forms
- Trophy Case
- Spirit Shop
- Team Photos
- Summer Camps
- Support BSM
The Benilde-St. Margaret's is a Catholic community. The first sentence of the BSM Mission statement puts our Catholic identity front and center in everything we do. The faith journey of each of our junior and senior high students, faculty, and staff is respected. Our students' faith is enriched and nourished through a comprehensive program comprised of theology classes, campus ministry, service, and an active faith community.
BSM is shaped by the legacy of our founding religious orders and their charisms, unique characters and missions offered for the good of the Church. A charism is a gift from God, offered through the Holy Spirit; and it’s entrusted to a religious order. Today at BSM, some of the strongest elements of those charisms from our founding orders are:
- Trust that the Spirit provides us with means and the guidance to do what must be done and the diligence to bring about right relationships from the Sisters of St. Joseph;
- Kindness in holding one another accountable and provision of a practical, effective and accessible education from the Christian Brothers; and,
- A warm and generous welcome of all and a sense of rootedness and mission from the Benedictines.
We balance the traditions and legacies of our founders with the following elements:
- We foster a personal relationship with God, shaped by, and expressed in, prayer.
- We provide a caring environment for everyone in our community.
- Catholic teaching informs our curriculum.
- We promote ethical behavior marked by service and a search for justice.
The rich spiritual tradition began with the founding religious orders. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet founded St. Margaret's Academy, the Christian Brothers founded Benilde High School, and the Benedictines from Saint John's Abbey and St. Benedicts in Collegeville, MN. Read more about BSM's spiritual history.