Best Catholic School in Minnesota
Located in St. Louis Park, MN
The first sentence of the Benilde-St. Margaret's mission statement puts our Catholic identity front and center in everything we do. The faith journey of each of our junior and senior high students, faculty and staff is respected. Our students' faith is enriched and nourished through a comprehensive program comprised of theology classes, campus ministry, service and an active faith community.
Our Spiritual Heritage
Benilde-St. Margaret’s School is both a junior high and Catholic high school deeply rooted in three vibrant traditions. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet founded St. Margaret's Academy, the Christian Brothers founded Benilde High School, and the Benedictines from Saint John's Abbey and St. Benedicts in Collegeville, MN helped run BSM. Each of these orders has blessed us with its charism – a unique character and mission, a gift entrusted to them by God to share with the world. Today, Benilde-St. Margaret’s faculty and staff unify the spirit of these founding traditions and continue to bring forth their character and mission by offering an educational community rooted in faith. Some of the strongest elements of these charisms are:
- Trust that the Spirit provides us with means and the guidance to do what must be done and the diligence to bring about right relationships (Sisters of St. Joseph)
- Kindness in holding one another accountable and provision of a practical, effective and accessible education (Christian Brothers)
- A warm and generous welcome of all and a sense of rootedness and mission (Benedictines)
We balance the traditions and legacies of our founders with the following elements:
- We foster a personal relationship with God, shaped by, and expressed in, prayer.
- We provide a caring environment for everyone in our community.
- Catholic teaching informs our curriculum.
- We promote ethical behavior marked by service and a search for justice.