The team also depends on many parent volunteers and the support staff at the Minnetonka Sportsmens Club.
Clay Target at BSM is a 7 - 12 grade activity for both girls and boys. There are two opportunities to participate in Clay Target at BSM through the year. The fall season, or practice season, is 6 weeks in duration and is open for all 7 - 12 graders. The spring season, or competitive season, is 11 - 12 weeks in duration and is open to all 9 - 12 graders. The spring season provides an opportunity to letter and includes an optional opportunity to participate in the world’s largest shooting event, contested in mid-June at Alexandria’s gun club.
Time Commitment: The fall season (practice) starts after labor day and ends before MEA on Wednesday evenings, 5 p.m. - sundown.Meet in the spring season competitively beginning the first week in April and runs until the first week of June (with an optional shoot in Alexandria mid-June).
Please note: ALL Participants must have a Minnesota DNR Firearm Safety Certificate
* * * * * * *
2018 Spring Registration Form -- click here
CLAY TARGET ONLINE STORE -- click here (store closes 3/15/18)
* * * * * * *
Clay Target - 2018 Spring Roster
|First Name||Last Name||Grade|
Spring Clay Target Schedule
- January 15-March 15: Student-athlete registration. All participants must complete the online League registration.
- April 4: Practice Week 1
- April 11: Practice Week 2
- April 18: Reserve Week (These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.)
- April 25: Competition Week 1
- May 2: Competition Week 2
- May 9: Competition Week 3
- May 16: Competition Week 4
- May 23: Competition Week 5
- May 30: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- State Championship: June 11-19, 2018 – All participants are invited to compete for individual and team awards in performance categories.
- State Tournament: June 22, 2018 – Minnesota State High School State Tournament. Click here to go to the Minnesota State High School League Tournament website.
- July 12: National Championship practice.
- July 13: National Championship team qualifying.
- July 14: National Championship individual qualifying.
- July 15: National Championship finals.