Adviser(s): John Porisch
The team also depends on many parent volunteers and the support staff at the Minnetonka Sportsmens Club (7480 County Rd 15, Mound, MN 55364).
Clay Target at BSM is a 7 - 12 grade activity for both girls and boys. There are two opportunities to participate in Clay Target at BSM through the year. The fall season, or practice season, is 6 weeks in duration and is open for all 7-12 graders. The spring season, or competitive season, is 11 - 12 weeks in duration and is open to all 7-12 graders. The spring season provides an opportunity to letter and includes an optional opportunity to participate in the world’s largest shooting event, contested in mid-June at Alexandria’s gun club.
Time Commitment: The fall season (practice) starts after Labor Day and ends before MEA on Wednesday evenings, 4:30 p.m. - sundown. Meet in the spring season competitively beginning the first week in April and runs until the first week of June (with an optional shoot in Alexandria mid-June).
Please note: ALL Participants must have a Minnesota DNR Firearm Safety Certificate
Any Minnesota student is eligible to participate if he/she:
- Is in grades 7 through 12, AND
- Possesses League-Approved Firearm Safety Certification, AND
- Meets all school curricular activity eligibility requirements, AND
- If the team has room to accommodate the student athlete.
Registration fees are $35 per student athlete per league. Ammunition and target costs are determined by the team. Financial assistance is available for anyone in need. No one should avoid this sport based on a lack of funding or equipment. All can be provided upon request.
* * * * * * * * *
Firearm Safety FIELD DAY - August 28th, 9:00 am. Anyone interested in earning their Firearm Safety Certificiation should contact Coach Porisch (at email@example.com) for more information
2021 Spring Clay Target Schedule
- ONLINE REGISTRATION -- due by March 29 @ NOON
- April 7th (Practice)
- April 14th (Reserve Week)
- April 21st (Competition Week #1)
- April 28th (Competition Week #2)
- May 5th (Competition Week #3)
- May 12th (Competition Week #4)
- May 19th (Competition Week #5)
- May 26th (Family Fun Night)
- June 2nd (Potential Extra/Optional Week)
* * * * * * * * *
2013-14 "Inaugural" Season Captains -- Christian Bray, Adam Grazzini, Austin Bray -- Class of 2015
Watch these video by our Inaugural Captains ...