Advisers: John Porisch, Greg Grazzini
The team also depends on many parent volunteers and the support staff at the Minnetonka Sportsmens Club (7480 County Rd 15, Mound, MN 55364).
Clay Target at BSM is a 7 - 12 grade activity for both girls and boys. There are two opportunities to participate in Clay Target at BSM through the year. The fall season, or practice season, is 6 weeks in duration and is open for all 7-12 graders. The spring season, or competitive season, is 11 - 12 weeks in duration and is open to all 7-12 graders. The spring season provides an opportunity to letter and includes an optional opportunity to participate in the world’s largest shooting event, contested in mid-June at Alexandria’s gun club.
Time Commitment: The fall season (practice) starts after Labor Day and ends before MEA on Wednesday evenings, 5 p.m. - sundown. Meet in the spring season competitively beginning the first week in April and runs until the first week of June (with an optional shoot in Alexandria mid-June).
Please note: ALL Participants must have a Minnesota DNR Firearm Safety Certificate
Any Minnesota student is eligible to participate if he/she:
- Is in grades 7 through 12, AND
- Possesses League-Approved Firearm Safety Certification, AND
- Meets all school curricular activity eligibility requirements, AND
- If the team has room to accommodate the student athlete.
Registration fees are $30 per student athlete per league. Ammunition and target costs are determined by the team. Financial assistance is available for anyone in need. No one should avoid this sport based on a lack of funding or equipment. All can be provided upon request.
ANY 7-12th GRADER WHO WOULD LIKE TO COMPETE FOR THE 2019 FALL SEASON MUST BE REGISTERED ONLINE.
- TO REGISTER ONLINE - AN EMAIL NEEDS TO BE SENT TO A PARENT FROM THE CLAY TARGET LEAGUE AND COMPLETED BY THE PARENT BEFORE NOON ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH.
- TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM THE LEAGUE, EMAIL JOHN PORISCH AT email@example.com.
* * * * * * *
2019 Fall League Schedule:
- Team Meeting - Eeveryone who registered by the Noon deadline on Tuesday, (10/10) should plan to attend one of the following meetings in Room 160.
- Thursday, September 12th - 8:40 am in Room 160
- Thursday, September 12th - 2:50 pm in Room 160
- September 10th (Team & Athlete Registration) -- NO LATE REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED
- Week of September 16 (Wednesday) 4:45-sundown Practice/Reserve Week
- Week of September 23 (Wednesday) 4:45-sundown Competition Week 1
- Week of September 30 (Wednesday) 4:45-sundown Competition Week 2
- Week of October 7 (Wednesday) 4:45-sundown Competition Week 3
- Week of October 14 (Monday) 4:45-sundown Competition Week 4
- Week of October 21 (Monday) 4:45-sundown Competition Week 5
* * * * * * * * *
Spring 2019 Roster - click here
2013-14 "Inaugural" Season Captains -- Christian Bray, Adam Grazzini, Austin Bray -- Class of 2015
Watch these video by our Inaugural Captains ...