Advisers: John Porisch, Greg Grazzini
The team also depends on many parent volunteers and the support staff at the Minnetonka Sportsmens Club (7480 County Rd 15, Mound, MN 55364).
Clay Target at BSM is a 7 - 12 grade activity for both girls and boys. There are two opportunities to participate in Clay Target at BSM through the year. The fall season, or practice season, is 6 weeks in duration and is open for all 7-12 graders. The spring season, or competitive season, is 11 - 12 weeks in duration and is open to all 7-12 graders. The spring season provides an opportunity to letter and includes an optional opportunity to participate in the world’s largest shooting event, contested in mid-June at Alexandria’s gun club.
Time Commitment: The fall season (practice) starts after Labor Day and ends before MEA on Wednesday evenings, 5 p.m. - sundown. Meet in the spring season competitively beginning the first week in April and runs until the first week of June (with an optional shoot in Alexandria mid-June).
Please note: ALL Participants must have a Minnesota DNR Firearm Safety Certificate
Any Minnesota student is eligible to participate if he/she:
- Is in grades 7 through 12, AND
- Possesses League-Approved Firearm Safety Certification, AND
- Meets all school curricular activity eligibility requirements, AND
- If the team has room to accommodate the student athlete.
Registration fees are $30 per student athlete per league. Ammunition and target costs are determined by the team. Financial assistance is available for anyone in need. No one should avoid this sport based on a lack of funding or equipment. All can be provided upon request.
* * * * * * *
2019 Spring League Schedule:
- April 3: Practice Week 1
- April 10: Practice Week 2.
- April 17: Reserve Week. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 24: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- May 1: Competition Week 2.
- May 8: Competition Week 3.
- May 15: Competition Week 4.
- May 22: Competition Week 5.
- May 29: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic.
2019 Spring Registration Form -- click here. Please download, complete and return to John Porisch
* * * * * * * * *
2018 Fall League Schedule:
- Watch and listen for school announcements.: Team meeting and sign up. Week of Labor Day
- Week of September 16: Practice/Reserve Week
- Week of September 23: Competition Week 1
- Week of September 30: Competition Week 2
- Week of October 7: Competition Week 3
- Week of October 14: Competition Week 4
- Week of October 21: Competition Week 5