Show Your Spirit and Participate in BSM's #eKnights Social Media Campaign
We recognize the social component of school is a vital part of the Red Knight experience. In an effort to build community in an e-learning environment, help Red Knights stay connected, and show our school spirit, we’d like to announce our NEW #eKnights social media campaign!
BSM Community Invited to Participate in Dress Up Day Social Media Giveaway the Week of March 30 through April 3
To boost school spirit, BSM is implementing (virtual) school-wide dress up days from March 30 - April 3, the week we return from Spring Break! In addition to student and faculty/staff participation, we will also be expanding the dress up days to BSM parents, grandparents, and BSM alums!
The BSM Marketing Department will host a simultaneous Social Media Giveaway, where we invite students, parents, grandparents, faculty/staff, and alumni to send in photos/videos sporting daily dress up day attire. By submitting a photo or video, you'll be entered to win one of two $50 online spirit shop gift cards and a Red Knight 'Nothing Bundt Cake' (delivered to each of the two winners' homes).
Participants will need to submit a photo just once (on any day) to enter. However, you are able to enter up to five times - once per day. We will plan to share photos/videos submitted throughout the week on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. (Follow us to join in the fun!) Email your photos/videos to MarComm@BSMSchool.org.
We will randomly select two winners on Friday, March 27, 2020 at 3 p.m. Winners will be notified via email and announced on social media.
Dress up days include:
Monday - Class Color Day
- Seniors - Red
- Juniors - Blue
- Sophomores - Yellow
- Freshmen - Green
- 8th Graders - Pink
- 7th Graders - Gray
- Parents and grandparents are encouraged to wear the same colors as their children and grandchildren. If you are a parent/grandparent of more than one Red Knight, we encourage you to wear multiple colors. (Feel free to get creative!)
- Faculty and staff - Orange
- Alumni - Red!
Tuesday - Hat Day
Wednesday - College Day (This could include your dream college, alma mater etc.)
Thursday - Pajama Day
Friday - School Spirit Day
In the coming weeks, we encourage BSM community members to send in funny, interesting, and creative photos/videos related to e-learning to firstname.lastname@example.org for the chance to appear on BSM's social media channels! You can also direct message (DM) us photos/videos on Instagram. (If you haven't already, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter today!)
We also encourage you to share your own photos/videos on social media using the hashtag: #eKnights. Scroll down for more information on the campaign.
#eKnights Ongoing Social Media Campaign
We’ve also designated various social media post themes for each day of the week when Extended Online School (EOS) is in session, beginning on our first day of EOS on Wednesday, March 18. We invite our community to send us photos/videos as they relate to the following.
- Mondays: Move It Monday - With the postponement of activities and athletics, we want to know how our Red Knight community is staying active at home!
- Watch for a virtual version of Ms. VanCleve’s Candy Question on on Mondays as well.
- Tuesdays: Tuesday Tips - Send us tips on how to prepare for and make the most out of Extended Online School.
- Wednesday: Workspace Wednesday - Send us selfies in your home workspace! *Red Knights: Make sure you're in a common area in your home (ie living room or kitchen.)*
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday - We'll plan to feature Red Knight stories from days and years past. Bonus points for photos from 20+ years ago!
- Friday: Feature Friday - We want to celebrate our amazing TEACHERS! Send us selfies, screenshots of your virtual classes, share how you’re connecting with students, and unique learning initiatives.
- We'll still plan to post our Weekly Teacher Feature to our Instagram stories.
We’ll also be sharing photos of “BSM Teachers’ Pets” throughout the week, as well as motivational video messages from members of our community.
Know that we plan to share stories outside of these themes as well, so as always - keep ALL of the great stories coming!
Email email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with your stories, photos, and videos.
We can't wait to connect with you soon!