Extended Online School (EOS) Resources
Extended Online School Overview
Almost seven years ago, BSM was one of the first schools to implement "Online School" for weather-related school closures. Since that time, our faculty/staff and students have gained extensive experience in an e-learning environment.
As we embark upon Extended Online School, BSM has many resources available for families, which you'll find below and on our COVID-19 Preparation and Response page. We continue to monitor and review relevant information provided by governmental agencies and make decisions accordingly. We will keep our community informed as updates become available in the days and weeks ahead.
A Message from the President
In the video below, BSM President Adam Ehrmantraut, EdD shares a message of support, gratitude, and faith with the BSM community. We're all in this together, Red Knights!
- Email and video messages will be the primary methods in which we communicate with students and parents.
- Daily announcements for students will be posted to PowerSchool and our EOS YouTube playlist.
- In addition, we've included informational EOS videos and a PowerSchool tutorial on the bottom of this page.
- We will post ongoing updates throughout the day on BSM's Instagram stories and Twitter page.
- Our RoboCall phone system may be utilized in certain situations.
- We have also created a COVID-19 Preparation and Response page, which you can access here.
- NEW: #eKnights Social Media Campaign: To build community, help Red Knights stay connected, and boost school spirit, we invite you to participate in our #eKnights social media campaign! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and submit your e-learning photos and videos to MarComm@BSMSchool.org for the chance to be featured. Learn more!
- The building will be closed while EOS is in effect; however, phones will be answered M-TH between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. You can call the main office line at 952-927-4176.
General Extended Online School (EOS) Information
- Care, planning, and preparation have been taken to ensure that the online experience for students is positive and meaningful. Teachers will be screencasting to students on a regular basis to ensure that students can hear and see their teachers during this time.
- If a student is unable to do online assignments during Extended Online School, please call the student in sick through the regular attendance line: Junior High Attendance 952-915-4356 or Senior High Attendance at 952-927-4177.
- The curriculum will be delivered via the student’s PowerSchool Learning page, which is a familiar tool for students and used regularly throughout the school year.
- Tech support will be available for students during the three-week time frame. Students can get support by filling out a HelpDesk ticket at https://bit.ly/3boeDq6 or by calling the main office line at 952-927-4176.
- BSM counselors will be available to help support our students during Extended Online School.
- Counselors will be communicating directly with students regarding the procedure for making online appointments.
- Students are able to register for the class "Guidance and Counseling" from the PowerSchool Learning page. Students can also make appointments with counselors as well as access their video conferencing site.
- For a list of school counselors, click here.