- About BSM
- About Our President
- Photo Tour
- Spirit Shop
- BSM 2020 Strategic Plan
- Marketing & Communications
- Red Knight Engagement Network
- Board of Directors
- Faculty/Staff Directory
- BSM Around the World
- BSM Alma Mater and Rouser
- Campus Ministry
- Common Basket
- Worship Opportunities
- Athletic Trainer
- Fall Sports
- Winter Sports
- Spring Sports
- Athletic/Activities Forms
- Trophy Case
- Spirit Shop
- Team Photos
- Summer Camps
- Support BSM
BSM is an Apple Distinguished School for 2012-2017
BSM is pleased to announce that it has again been selected as an Apple Distinguished School (2012-2017), for its transformative one-to-one laptop program using Apple technology. Apple’s One-to-One Program (1:1 laptop program) promotes our vision, supports our mission, and enhances our students’ successes in the classroom and beyond. Presented with the award first in 2012-2013, BSM again proves worthy of the award.
Benilde-St. Margaret's (BSM) is a dynamic Catholic learning community that offers a challenging college preparatory curriculum and a uniquely caring experience. Our mission is to educate leaders for a global society.
At BSM, our vision is to be the school of choice—in the Twin Cities, in Minnesota, and beyond.
BSM introduced Apple’s one-to-one program in the junior high in 2006, and the senior high launched its one-to-one program in 2010. Currently, more than 1,180 students and more than 90 teachers benefit from opportunities to research and solve problems, to innovate and collaborate, and to create and communicate, made possible through technology.
Apple’s one-to-one program promotes our vision, supports our mission, and enhances our students’ successes in the classroom, in the community, and on the athletic fields.
Read more about the importance of technology by checking out the National Education Technology Standards and the International Society for Technology in Education.
Apple Distinguished School
Benilde-St. Margaret's School has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence. View our Apple Distinguished School Profile.
Faculty and Technology
Technology integration is an area of shared leadership strongly emphasized at BSM.
• The principals, as instructional leaders, are committed to the success of the program. They organize regular, timely professional development and consider the laptop program essential for teaching and learning at BSM.
• Department chairpersons organize learning communities and redesign curriculum to effectively integrate available technology.
• Faculty leaders regularly share innovative methods for teaching with technology.
• And BSM employs three technology coaches in its HelpDesk, all of whom are teachers. At least one teacher-coach is available every period in the school day to help colleagues with one-to-one training and support, to co-teach in classrooms, and to assist students with their technology needs.