Introduce Your Preteen to the Joys of Learning
Every junior high student at Benilde-St. Margaret’s is provided with a strong academic program in a caring and structured environment.
Students learn from our faculty in a dynamic and engaging setting with dialogue, opportunities to use critical thinking skills, and methods to apply the knowledge learned in innovative and creative ways.
Your junior high student will participate
in a program focusing on intellectual, emotional,
spiritual, social, and physical development.
This approach is founded upon a solid Catholic experience and is designed to prepare each student for high school. Students will participate in discussions with classmates, engage with faculty on topics of interest, and learn about themselves and the world in which they live.
The BSM junior high curriculum emphasizes the development of the following:
- Language arts skills with separate English and literature classes
- Math concept comprehension, including pre-algebra, algebra, and geometry, preparing students for advanced math classes in high school
- Foreign language skills, as every student has the opportunity to study a world language of their choosing
Technology is an important tool for learning at BSM, where each student is provided a personal laptop for daily academic use. Technology is also integrated into all areas of the curriculum for applied learning.
Our curriculum includes three levels of English, literature, and mathematics:
- Accelerated: for students working and testing significantly above grade level
- Standard: for students at grade level
- Concepts: for students working and/or testing below grade level
Students participate in homeroom for academic advisory, activities, and special interest meetings. Discussions on decision-making, self-esteem, diversity, peer pressure, and healthy social relationships ensure each student has the skills to thrive in society wherever they go.
Read a welcome message from our junior high principal, Rikki Mortl.
Learn about specific courses and programs offered at BSM below:
- Art: Visual
- Art: Performing
- English & Literature
- Physical Education / Life Skills
- Religious Studies
- Social Studies
- World Language
2023-24 Quick Links
- Academic Calendar (2023-2024)
- Back to School Information
- Student Handbook
- Athletics Information and Forms
- Red Knight Round-Up
2024-25 Quick Links
Junior High Leadership Team
Junior High Principal
Junior High Administrative Assistant
Director of Learning Support
Junior High Student Support Specialist
Junior High Counselor
Junior High Counselor